Staff Accountant at Evolve Vacation Rental
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why This Role:
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join a fun and energetic Accounting Team. The right individual is highly analytical and thorough, has excellent Excel skills, is comfortable analyzing data files, and is interested in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The Staff Accountant must be a self-starter who will bring their experience and best practices to improve controls and efficiency and ensure accurate timely transaction processing for this dynamic company. If you enjoy solving data puzzles and are curious about new ways to make our systems and processes more efficient, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze data to identify and interpret patterns or trends in data sets
- Assist revenue reporting
- Support in the testing, and validation of data and reporting changs
- Assist in implementing strategies to optimize data integrity and process improvements
- Perform account reconciliations for areas of responsibility
- Owner collections
- Assist in booking reconciliations within the billing queue
- Help to coordinate and perform complex accounting projects and controls documentation for areas of responsibility
- Assist in annual external audit
What makes you a great fit:
- Accounting degree required
- 1+ years of experience as a Staff Accountant
- CPA and/or public accounting audit experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and technical accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Robust Excel skills and familiarity with accounting software/systems
- Customer-service mindset
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, critical thinking, and a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- QuickBooks and ERP conversion a plus
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $57,000 to $62,000.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.