Founded in 2006, SurveyGizmo is a powerful feedback and data insights platform that empowers the world’s top to make informed decisions. Our SaaS platform offers user-friendly data collection tools for understanding customers, markets, and employees in real time and communicating this information across an organization. It provides data insights in over 205 countries, with 50K new surveys created and 5M responses collected every week.
Who You Are
You have a Heart for Service
We provide extraordinary service to our customers, co-workers, and our community by going out of our way to appreciate and support them.
You are Curious
We create products that help our customers listen and be curious, and we ourselves are curious. We strive to understand our customers’ business problems and the solutions delivered with our software.
You Find a Way
We help our customers and employees succeed by finding solutions to their problems. We have a can-do attitude and we do what we say we will do.
We are looking for a hands-on Staff Accountant to join our dynamic team. We’re seeking a top performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This role will receive direction but will need to be able to pick things up quickly and to meet deadlines with multiple tasks.
What You Will Do
- Support monthly internal financial statement preparation by reconciling accounts, posting closing journal entries and correcting any discrepancies, while maintaining supporting documentation / work papers
- Perform trend and flux analysis
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation, credit card and payment processor reconciliations
- Perform accounts payable functions including invoice entry and check disbursements, and maintain an electronic filing system of invoices and payment support along with issuing 1099 forms
- Work with budget owners to create Purchase Requests for budgeted spend; track and report spending against purchase orders
- Assist with sales and use tax filings
- Assist with annual audit
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 to 2 years accounting work experience preferred
- Strong work ethic; willingness to help wherever needed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy
- Eager to learn with a track record of taking the initiative
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize workflow and use time efficiently
- Ability to develop and contribute to process and systems improvements, adaptable to working in a fast-paced changing atmosphere and a cloud-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks highly preferred
Our Team Members Enjoy:
- Great Boulder location without the Pearl Street commute
- Environment where you can learn, be empowered and see your impact