Job Description: Staff Accountant
Reporting to: Accounting Manager
Downtown Denver-based Start-up Company seeks a dynamic service-oriented professional who is highly-organized and has experience catering to affluent clientele from around the world. This team player will assist the accounting department with research, reporting, and the monthly close process. The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of accounting experience, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The best candidate will have a working knowledge of general accounting principles, work well independently and with the team, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to take on various responsibilities.
• Participate in the month end close process by preparing general journal entries, analyzing account balances, and reconciling balance sheet accounts.
• Own accounting processes for various industry areas, such as lease accounting and revenue recognition accounting.
• Review general ledger for accuracy and post necessary reclassifications.
• Generate general ledger and financial reports from the accounting system.
• Partner with other departments to coordinate accounting entries, including month-end accruals.
• Lead various projects as assigned and continuously find ways to refine processes by creating efficiencies, streamlining repetitive tasks, and utilizing technology.
• Assist with annual audit preparation.
• Prepare ad hoc reporting and analyses.
• Support the corporate accounting team with daily tasks and special projects.
Required Skills: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Software Expertise – Proven expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel. Experience with Salesforce, Zuora, and Great Plains is a plus.
• Problem Solving – Must be able to solve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully and efficiently; and work well in group problem solving situations.
• Communication Skills – Must be able to communicate effectively and in a concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Project Management – Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, ensuring that all components of each task are properly presented, managed and reported.
• Process Development – Proven experience and skills to develop new accounting workflows and improve on existing ones.
• Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, appreciates the opportunity to adjust and adapt with a growing business.
Qualifications: Candidate must meet the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
• CPA preferred
• 1-3 years of experience working successfully in a similar business environment
• Ability to maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines while multi-tasking in a fast paced, high-volume environment
• Proficient at Great Plains accounting software and MS Office (especially Excel).
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP
Inspirato offers its employees:
• Competitive compensation
• Full benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
• Inspirato Employee Familiarization Travel Program
• Casual work environment in rapidly growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company
• Credit for gym membership
• Energetic Lower Downtown Denver location located blocks from Coors Field
• Fresh fruit delivery service, coffee and tea, fully stocked snack bar, beverage fridge
• Regular fun employee events and professional development opportunities
• Opportunity to work with passionate, driven, committed, high performing individuals who are revolutionizing the luxury travel industry!
Who We Are
Inspirato is a leading luxury hospitality company that manages, staffs and maintains an exclusive collection of branded luxury vacation homes. Unlike Internet vacation rental brokers, we offer a carefully crafted experience delivering the luxury and service of a five-star hotel in the comfort of a spacious home. This includes investing in luxury furnishings, kitchen appliances, linens, and toiletries for every home, plus an expert service team and local on-site concierge to manage the pre-arrival planning, daily housekeeping, and maintenance. With our unparalleled expertise in residential travel, we ensure the consistently luxurious experience that discerning travelers demand. For those who can’t imagine traveling any other way, our private club provides full access to the Inspirato Collection of 900+ vacation options, members-only rates, and valuable travel benefits. For more information on Inspirato, please visit www.inspirato.com.