Sr. Internal Controls & SOX Analyst
The Senior Internal Controls & SOX Analyst will be part of a team dedicated to manage financial risks across accounting, SOX, compliance, finance operations, and revenue systems while partnering with the business to drive finance alignment and support. This person will stay closely aligned with Finance and the SOX PMO management in order to understand and add value to our business. Role will report to the Director – Internal Controls & SOX and will be part of Controllership Organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work closely with team members to design and maintain an effective and scalable internal control environment over financial records, including ensuring accuracy of financials.
- Ensure a comprehensive set of formalized and up-to-date process documentation is maintained (e.g. procedures, policies, flowcharts, etc.).
- Efficiently and effectively validate the accuracy and adequacy of controls in the order-to-report financial processes.
- Standardize business processes while challenging the status quo and driving improvements aligned with business objectives.
- Communicate effectively with and educate process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and SOX roles and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with internal controls, audit, or risk management.
- US Citizenship.
- 5+ years of related SOX/Internal Controls/Accounting experience.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- CPA, CIA, or related certifications would be a bonus.
- Experience in public audit and SOX at a Big Four accounting firm.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder, and a manager of expectations.
- Strong operational expertise, including systems, SOX, and accounting processes.
- Knowledge of technical accounting and system competency.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to drive complex operational initiatives.
- Excellent organization skills and be deadline-oriented
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.