Sr. Financial Analyst at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
Boom is building a world-class finance team to support its mission of restoring supersonic commercial flight. We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing team. The Financial Analyst will serve as an important utility player - pitching in to analyze and develop insights on an array of financial topics.
Your primary responsibilities will be: conduct financial analyses and research to support Boom’s finance team; be the finance partner to the aviation programs (XB-1 & Overture) and engineering function, own corporate FP&A and play a leading role in the company budgeting & forecasting process, develop presentations for various stakeholders including management, investors and internal teams; deliver research and insights on a range of financial topics.
You should have excellent interpersonal skills, generating buy-in on an array of financial topics through rigorous analysis and research and proactive communication. It will be your job to turn numbers into insights and develop financial models in support of Boom’s business strategy. You should be comfortable working across both the finance and the engineering teams. You should be able to translate program decisions by the engineering & operations groups to finance. Your analytical work will underpin Boom’s internal financial performance and external communications with the financial community.
You should enjoy problem solving and developing analytical insights. You should be mathematically inclined, while having strong presentation development skills. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to make Boom smarter on a wide variety of financial topics.
Working in a startup environment means taking on unexpected responsibilities and attempting tasks that no one in the company knows how to do. The successful candidate has a resourceful, can-do approach to these demands and enjoys the continuous learning curve of a startup.
- Strong analysis and financial modeling experience (advanced Excel skills)
- Ability to research external data sources that inform market analyses and financial forecasts
- Ability to quickly understand technical and quantitative material, particularly in the engineering & aviation programs
- A positive, “start with yes” attitude
- Ability to analyze financial data and review financial reports and account reconciliations
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects in a fast-paced start-up environment. In many cases, creating financial processes from scratch.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Operations, Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate effectively with non-finance teams
- Experience crafting high-quality presentation materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or similar analytical discipline
- Prior experience in aerospace manufacturing or an aviation startup business is required
- 5+ years of experience as a financial analyst in corporate FP&A, corporate development or investment banking
- Prior experience in engineering / manufacturing program planning is
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with a cloud based ERP system
*Salary Range for this position is $115-$145k range and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position
*Robust equity program with significant upside potential
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description