Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services startup, located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that makes decorating your home simple, affordable and accessible for everyone.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant responsible for handling a number of operational functions, including: revenue and sales tax accounting, and financial statement preparation; detailed general ledger reconciliations; accounting process management and refinement; running bi-monthly designer payments; collection, reconciliation and payment of all employee expense and business credit card reports; processing AP invoices, including bi-monthly check runs; annual regulatory reporting for contractors.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical and experienced in e-commerce accounting, revenue recognition, contractor payments, and financial statement preparation. S/he has excellent Excel skills and is comfortable creating and analyzing data files and pivot tables. S/he has excellent quantitative skills and is results oriented, highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about the work. S/he is confident in creating and refining new systems and managing across multiple stakeholders to get the work completed thoroughly and efficiently. S/he will be expected to work directly with the existing team in order to successfully accomplish his/her work efficiently and effectively.
We are looking for a team member who is not afraid to a roll-up-their-sleeves and is focused on delivering measurable results. You should have direct, hands-on experience in accounting, payments and other bookkeeping related functions. Like our team, you should be customer- and brand-focused and naturally curious about new ways to help grow our new business and make our systems more efficient over time. You are comfortable working across multiple teams located in multiple geographies.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements
- Receive, process and track all expense and business credit card reports, to account for all payments properly in our General Ledger
- Ensure all General Ledger accounts are reconciled on an ongoing basis for proper month-end accounting. Work with teams on the ground to streamline this process and ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Revenue and Sales Tax Analysis and accounting, including ongoing revenue reconciliation
- Run designer payments, on a bi-monthly cadence
- Assist the accounting team with any other operational activities and reports on an as needed basis
- Assist and lead on additional business analysis and support on an as needed basis
When you join us you’ll bring:
- A passion for what we are building, the brand, and the client experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting; CPA or CMA preferred
- 4-7 years previous experience as an accountant. Experience in e-commerce accounting and revenue recognition strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with General Ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Significant experience with Excel, Quickbooks and Google tools
- Passion for numbers with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, strong and proven project management capabilities and ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects
- Past experience in a new business or startup is highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited data
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, and see results.
- An opportunity to make and see an impact in a growing startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.