Senior SOX Compliance Analyst at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
As a NetApp Senior SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) Analyst, you are part of a team of professionals who plans, performs and implements process improvement initiatives for the Finance SOX Compliance Program. Additionally, you will provide consultation on the Sarbanes Oxley Compliance requirements and provide recommendations on key business process and internal controls related to various business processes. Strong process and program management and communication skills, along with strong compliance technical competencies are key to the success in this role.
- Plan and perform SOX 404 testing and drive compliance of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to oversee NetApp’s global Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program and implement process improvement initiatives related to SOX compliance program for the Finance organization.
- Ability to design test plans and testing approaches based on risk analysis and collect data to identify root cause of problems.
- Experience in performing process walkthroughs and documenting process narratives and/or process flows.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key control and provide recommendation on Finance business process improvements and efficiencies where appropriate to the cross functional Finance teams.
- Assess for SOX control impact for any identified control deficiencies and monitor/test for remediation efforts with process owners through the SOX Program.
- Execute the quarterly 302 sub-certification process, reporting process, and summarize test results.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Auditing or Accounting.
- Experience working with ICFR and SOX compliance, and internal control design and operations within Finance organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent practical experience.
CPA certification with Big 4 external audit experience is preferred.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.