Senior Reconciliation Analyst at Funding Circle
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
We have teams in London, Denver, and San Francisco, we’re fusing finance and tech to build new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
Are you made to do more? Join us!
We are looking for a Senior Reconciliation Analyst to join the Investor Services Team focusing in the Financial Operations area at Funding Circle US. This position is based in Denver and is a contract for up to 6 months. The key purpose of this role is to work on a project within the reconciliation team as we build out the system to automate the daily reconciliation process. This role will involve the individual working closely with many teams across the business, including Finance, Loan Closing, Collection & Service, Payment Operations and Capital Markets Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out reconciliations of client money bank accounts and system ledgers, ensuring any issues are raised immediately
- Liaising with payment operations and various teams across the business to investigate transactions within client accounts and ledgers
- Collaborating with the Financial Operations colleagues and other teams to develop new reconciliation processes as well as identify improvements to current processes
- Updating documentation outlining the reconciliation processes
- Identify deficiency and risks in operations and escalate to line manager
- Be responsible for scoping and troubleshooting ad-hoc operational issues as they occur
- Work closely with product and technology to identify features and contribute to the development of the automatching system and reporting.
- Liaising with product and tech teams on any system changes and user acceptance testing
- Ad-hoc project work
Our ideal teammate has:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience with an emphasis in reconciliations
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience in Finance or Accounting and working with auditors
- Experience with multiple financial systems and comfort navigating and learning systems quickly
- Is able to self direct and who can work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent numerical skills, enjoys working with data and solving problems
- Strong attention to detail and determination with a high level of accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Honesty and discretion when handling confidential financial information
- A team-player who is proactive, with excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Identification with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
- VBA/Macro a plus
- Fintech, lending or other financial operations and services experience
- Experience with servicing and collections tools, industry standard practices
- Technical aptitude and/or experience developing systems and processes
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.