Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with 80+ of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience.
Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect: improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Director of Finance & Corporate Development, to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Build and maintain complex financial models in order to analyze, forecast, report, and track financial and operational metrics.
- Establish business partner relationships with internal stakeholders to promote collaboration and engagement with the forecast process.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, analyses, and presentations for executive leadership and the board of directors.
- Provide strategic insights to internal business partners by providing the analyses necessary to make data-driven decisions.
- Go beyond the model through deep analysis by understanding the inputs and drivers of the numbers, and providing suggestions to the business on how to improve.
- Support senior leadership through ad-hoc financial modeling and M&A related activities.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying!
What you will contribute:
- Produce functioning financial models to assess M&A and strategic opportunities
- Own and improve the budget process and analysis of financial information to better inform business decisions
- Represent the FP&A team to executive leadership via conversations & presentations, support of Board of Directors meetings, and ad hoc analyses
- Ownership of a subset of FP&A deliverables and accountability to the veracity and timeliness of those analyses
- Support cross-functional and company-wide efforts with analytical analyses and process improvements in a fast-moving, high-growth environment
- A team-first mentality that is comfortable working alone on projects or as a senior member of a small team, as well as an interest in mentoring more junior analysts
What you bring to Uplight:
- Excellent financial modeling skills specifically focused on pro forma analysis, budgeting & forecasting, KPIs & metrics, M&A transactions, ad hoc models, etc.
- 3-7 years of professional experience in finance, accounting, financial consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, etc., or an equivalent mix of an advanced certification and work experience in relevant field
- Experience with PBCS or other cloud-based forecasting tools
- Independent, experienced contributor comfortable with ambiguity, taking ownership of deliverables, and operating without constant supervision
- A curious, analytical, investigative analyst that is dogged in their pursuit of truth through data, and comfortable presenting data-driven analyses to internal business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with presenting and interacting with company executives, board members, and/or private equity/venture capital owners
- Flexible, resourceful mindset and general level of comfort balancing multiple priorities, working under tight timelines, and operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to challenge and validate results by reconciling data from multiple sources and through cross-functional collaboration
- Strong values focused on honesty, integrity, kindness, adaptability, and accountability
- CFA/CPA, or other advanced designation
- NetSuite or other ERP experience
- Experience in software, SaaS or technology
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Offer an opportunity to contribute to a high-growth, People Planet Profit mission-driven B-corp
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously while maintaining a high-performance-happy culture
- Provide a generous 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink available in the office (when offices reopen!)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.