Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Techstars is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Boulder, CO. This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
Our ideal candidate has solid financial analysis and modeling skills as well as an interest in becoming an expert in the end-to-end finances of our business. This role is a great opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing global organization and make an immediate impact.
In this position, you will help us quantify our opportunities and risks as well as interpret financial data to provide critical insights for scaling our business. You will manage and improve existing financial models, contribute to our multi-year forecast and planning efforts, provide decision support to senior leadership, and take a role in financial reporting, budgeting, and month-end close processes as needed.
We are looking for someone who is highly accountable, both detail-oriented and able to understand the big picture, proactive, skilled at stakeholder management, and eager to be part of a scaling and complex international business. This is an excellent opportunity for a Financial Analyst to grow in their role and hone their financial skills.
- Maintain and improve existing financial models
- Prepare a monthly planning and analysis packet for our senior leadership team
- Work with key stakeholders to support forecasting efforts and consolidate inputs
- Partner with financial leaders to create custom financial models and processes
- Identify opportunities in process, reporting, and systems to improve operational efficiencies and quality
- Contribute to the global consolidated budget process
- Support monthly Finance & Accounting Team processes including investments valuation, tax forecasting, and cash forecasting
- Develop and maintain ad-hoc reports and financial models
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience in reporting, modeling, and financial analysis
- Knowledge of accounting / GAAP
- Firm understanding of 3 statement and financial modeling
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects timely & accurately
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to make decisions and solve problems
- Able to keep highly sensitive information confidential
- Able to work independently as well as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,400 companies with a market cap of $13.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.