Senior Financial Analyst / Manager at Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview:
- Strong analysis and financial modeling experience (advanced Excel skills)
- Ability to research external data sources that inform market analyses and financial forecasts
- Ability to quickly understand technical and quantitative material, particularly in the engineering & aviation programs
- A positive, “start with yes” attitude
- Ability to analyze financial data and review financial reports and account reconciliations
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects in a fast-paced start-up environment. In many cases, creating financial processes from scratch.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Operations, Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate effectively with non-finance teams
- Experience crafting high-quality presentation materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or similar analytical discipline
- Prior experience in aerospace manufacturing or an aviation startup business is required
- 5+ years of experience as a financial analyst in corporate FP&A, corporate development or investment banking
- Prior experience in engineering / manufacturing program planning is
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with a cloud based ERP system
The Base Salary Range for this position is $0-$130,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.