Senior Business Process Auditor at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Senior Business Process Auditor. This role will work with the payments processing team and compliance team to gain an understanding of the day-to-day payments, reimbursements, tuition assistance, and eligibility processes and to evaluate and improve upon controls related to these processes. This individual will be responsible for ensuring business continuity for payments while also meeting audit and regulatory requirements.
As a Senior Business Process Auditor you will:
- Serve as a liaison between the payments team and the compliance team
- Support the SOC 1 audit by leading walkthroughs, collecting evidence, and maintaining the evidence in an accessible repository
- Support Guild partner audits by leading walkthroughs, collecting evidence, maintaining the evidence in an accessible repository, and creating external facing reports
- Support the internal audit by performing periodic assessments (ie, collecting evidence and evaluating the operating effectiveness of controls)
- Identify the associated risks and the compensating controls associated with these processes
- Ensure that the payments team can continue to execute processes that ensure business continuity while still addressing security risks
- Monitor contractual requirements according to defined SLAs and assist with discrepancies
- Partnering with the operations teams to improve business processes
- Oversee third party oversight for the payments team
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A fundamental knowledge of controls (preferably business or financial controls)
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to communicate issues and work with department leads to remediate these issues
- Higher level writing and documentation skills
- Ability to present externally to key stakeholders as well as the ability to communicate issues to upper management
- Critical thinking skills that allow the candidate to identify risks and help develop solutions
- Experience successfully engaging with complex payment processes, large datasets and mission critical technology / operational processes
- A financial audit or IT audit background OR
- A payments or operations background
- A CISA, CISM, PMP, CPA, CFA, or CIA certification
- A familiarity with IT infrastructure (or the self-drive to learn about our company’s systems)
- Postgres SQL experience
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000 - $120,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, sick leave, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth