SENIOR ACCOUNTANT at FluentStream
About the Position: The Senior Accountant will be responsible for and manage key aspects of our financial and operational reporting as well as relationship management of business partnerships. This includes financial statement analysis and reconciliations as well as managing integrations of acquired businesses.
The ideal candidate will exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness in handling all financial and confidential information and company funds. They should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work independently and with a variety of personalities. They will need to balance maintaining trustful relationships while also ensuring accurate and timely reporting for monthly recognition of financial and operational results.
The ideal candidate will be excited about an opportunity for rapid advancement in a growing and evolving position and organization. This position will be a remote, work from home position.
- Perform and automate commission calculations to ensure the accurate reporting, receipt, and payments of funds for internal sales and partnership relationships
- Build relationships with owners and operators of Strategic Partners (acquired companies), including effective communication, ensuring rapport and the ability to succeed
- Read and interpret agreements and schedules for Strategic Partner acquisitions to create processes and schedules based upon specified contract terms
- Gather, process, and analyze data from acquired businesses during defined transition integration period to create journal entries and AR rollforwards to ensure accurate and timely reporting by entity
- Work with internal migrations team and Strategic Partner employees to migrate and integrate processes (invoicing, vendor payments, commissions, etc.)
- Create and maintain GL reconciliations for monthly close processes around cash, fixed assets, accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, and other accounts as needed
- Plan, implement and document quality workflows for reporting
- Assist in annual external audit process
- Support the finance team in meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and finance deadlines
- Uphold company values in daily interactions with business partnerships and fellow Streamers
- Other projects as needed
What you’ll need to have:
- Direct work experience executing similar responsibilities outlined above
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial analysis, and related roles
- Solid financial reconciliation experience
- CPA accreditation a plus
- SaaS company experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced spreadsheet skills including the use of advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Prior experience analyzing and synthesizing large sets of data and presenting conclusions to leadership a plus
- Adherence to laws and best practices regarding dealing with sensitive information and financial data
- Experience in operating various software systems, such as Netsuite, Xero, Google Data Studio, Bill.com, Quickbooks and SalesForce
- A high degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness, with an ability to discover and remedy discrepancies
- A sense of camaraderie and an ability to thrive in a team environment
Salary range is $80,000 - $95,000 depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Paid Family Leave
- 401k plan
- Company equity program
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Remote Work Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
About Us: At FluentStream, we automate and simplify how businesses communicate with their clients from any device and any location. We are an extremely fast-paced, innovative and fully remote 80-person communications software company. We were just named to the Inc. 5000 list and are one of Colorado’s fastest-growing software companies and most-fun places to work!