Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable
Prologis is looking for a Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable to join an established team and make an immediate impact! This role will be responsible for driving policies and procedures for AR, tracking and reporting key operating metrics and performance indicators to senior leadership, identifying and implementing process improvements, and jumping in to apply cash during periods of high volume.Here’s how to do that:
- Direct point of contact for operations and senior leadership and responsible for providing regular reporting of metrics and working to resolve issues as they arise. Researches, analyzes and audits unusual cash activities
- Applies receipts during high volume cash periods through review of the daily cash receipts file. Identification and assignment to customers not found via the Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Daily monitoring and updating Smartsheet logs used for communicating with operations for offset charges and prepaid applications
- Monitors team efficiency and workload through key performance indicators, and gives direction to the team to prioritize accordingly. Leads team in reconciliation of daily cash totals posted in Yardi and the total deposit amounts provided by the bank. RPA improvements and related projects, including troubleshooting issues that arise with posting cash receipts in Yardi
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of work product, including, journal entries prepared by AR Specialists to correct cash receipts when vital or post cash receipts received in the wrong lockbox
- Advises accountants in researching and resolving reconciling items in lockbox bank reconciliations. Drives resolution of AR related questions/ issues, including conducting research in Yardi, Peoplesoft and bank systems. Leads team in reviewing the Yardi AR aging reports regularly for cash applications and recording of offsets accordingly
- Understands internal control systems and can monitor for potential flaws. responsible for identification of process improvement opportunities of accounting policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university with the ability to apply relevant Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, preferred
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills to run multiple complex tasks and/or projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to make and be accountable for decisions and know when to involve management
- Provide a high degree of customer service to internal customers and be cognizant of situations that require escalation. Ability to work under limited mentorship from direct supervisor to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks
- Expertly, clearly and concisely communicate issues and suggested resolutions with management and internal audiences.
- Detail-oriented to produce accurate financial data with a sense of urgency. Show discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling critical and confidential matters and documentation.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Outlook, Word) and reporting systems (PeopleSoft and Yardi Property Management, preferred)
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time