Revenue Accountant at Webroot, an OpenText company
The Webroot Accounting group is seeking a highly driven Revenue Accountant to join our fast-paced team. The position offers a tremendous variety of tasks, including special projects outside of the core “revenue” function.
As the Revenue Accountant, you will have immediate exposure to the Controller, VP of Finance, attorneys, and Sales Directors. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations pertaining to all three segments of the business (Consumer, Small/Medium Business (SMB), and Enterprise & OEM (E&O)), working closely with Legal, FP&A, and Sales to ensure that invoicing and revenue recognition are aligned with contractual terms and software revenue recognition guidance. Comfort with process change, attention to detail, and the ability to independently work through complex matters is a must for this role.
We are currently undergoing significant changes to our internal processes and systems, which will provide additional experience in project management, consulting, and hands-on system implementation testing. A limited portion of the position will require working alongside our Information Systems personnel to ensure that systems are configured in accordance with the team’s specifications with regard to the handling of revenue, deferred revenue, cash, AR, unbilled AR, and customer advances. The top candidate will have a history of and the ability to demonstrate; work whatever hours or days it takes to get the job done attitude and a fire-in-their belly to grow with the company in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, experience in interpreting service contract with regards to revenue recognition, exposure to Retail in a SaaS environment and Oracle mastery of the Receivable and Inventory modules will really make your resume stand out.
- Review SMB orders for correct term, tax, product codes, and other pertinent information to ensure appropriate billing and revenue recognition. Where discrepancies exist, work with Sales Operations to resolve issues.
- Work with large retail distributors to investigate any outstanding invoice disputes and resolve payment.
- Review Retail contracts to ensure deferred revenue, revenue, Unbilled AR and AR have been appropriately scheduled in Oracle and invoicing is aligned with terms of agreement.
- Assist Retail Accountant with sell-through report reconciliations and billing.
- Assist with inventory maintenance, inventory roll-forwards and validating requests.
- Prepare and book monthly journals entries related to the revenue team.
- Assist with preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations for revenue, AR and deferred revenue accounts.
- Meet with Retail Sales Account Managers to ensure that invoicing, bookings, and revenue recognition is in line with expectations. Resolve any discrepancies between forecast and actual, tracing back to terms per contract where necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in accounting or finance required.
- 3-6 years of accounting experience, with an emphasis on retail revenue recognition.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Advanced Excel proficiency required (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, pivot tables, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team and supervisors in a clear, logical manner.
- Desire to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency in reporting and use of information systems.
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate strong accounting skills, service first mentality, high energy, initiative, creativity and a desire for upward career growth
- Oracle experience a mush with knowledge of the A/R, Order Management and Inventory Modules a plus
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with software revenue recognition and/or subscription-based revenue highly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with Revpro
- Ability to work cross-functionally to identify win-win solutions that benefits all parties, where possible.
- Ability to independently identify issues, investigate, and propose solution.
- Working understanding of Kanji
- Process/SOX documentation experience