As Alto’s dedicated revenue accountant, you will hit the ground running and actively work to ensure our revenue recognition processes and reporting are accurate, and always completed in a timely manner. You’ll be able to work autonomously and in collaboration with your team to drive impact each day. You will always strive to be regarded by others as a valuable resource.
As a revenue accountant at Alto you will solve complex problems with a systematic approach and make effective recommendations for resolution - leveraging existing and developing new controls. You will use good judgement and discretion. You can adapt and adjust to our ever-changing culture and environment, and help us create structure in our young company. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done because you care about the success of the team as a whole.
You’ll be our revenue accounting extraordinaire - reconciling and auditing our systems, as well as:
- Reconcile accounts receivable discrepancies due to various revenue sources
- Download data from banks, suppliers and other portals as necessary
- Reconcile cash receipts and deposits
- Prepare aging reports and assist with developing best practices
- Perform month-end close activities associated with AR
- Responsible for maintaining continuous follow up with internal team members to obtain timely payment on failed transactions and resolve undistributed cash
- Identify outstanding aging balances and accounts that need to be written-off to uncollectible
- Communicate effectively within team, outsourced providers and with external customers
- Manage multiple system processes to ensure clean accounts receivable aged reporting.
- Communicate, respond and follow up to request from outsourced vendors
- Responsible for appropriately escalating issues and trends and tracking to resolution
- Work with engineering and internal finance team to develop and strengthen Revenue/AR IT processes
- Work with internal finance to develop and strengthen Revenue/AR controls and processes
- Other duties as assigned
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Minimum two years’ in AR or public accounting role.
- Professional degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Strong background in the full Accounts Receivable and Collections cycle within a corporate accounting or finance function, or public accounting
- Experience in high volume receivables
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/general ledger systems, internal controls, procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and other office software applications
It is a plus if you have:
- Experience in Startups
- Experience in the healthcare industry
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.