Reconciliation Specialist at Hotel Engine (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
We're excited to add a Reconciliation Specialist to our Accounting team! The Reconciliation Specialist will reconcile invoices, check-out statements, and folios received from hotels to Hotel Engine’s records to ensure accuracy. While this role sits in the Accounting department, you’ll work cross functionally with Project Services, Member Experience, and others as needs dictate.
Here's what you'll do:
- Compare information between multiple data sources to ensure accuracy.
- Identify discrepancies, research issues, and communicate findings, both internally and externally.
- Work with hotel partners and customers to resolve differences, and update internal records as needed.
- Prepare and issue payments to hotel partners upon approval.
- Calculate commissions due and ensure commissions are appropriately deducted from payments or separately invoiced, as applicable.
- Upload reconciled invoices to the accounting system.
- Collaborate with management and team to identify opportunities for operational efficiency and process improvement.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Here's what we’re looking for:
- Advanced Excel user; proficient with other Microsoft Office products
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; always professional with customer-centric focus
- Ability to navigate across several systems to find information needed
- Flexible team player with ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage several tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Accounting, financial, or prior reconciliation experience preferred but not required
- Prior experience working at a hotel (front desk, accounting) is a major plus
- The base hourly rate for this role is $21.00-$23.00/hour. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Please speak with a recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.