Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We're excited to add a Reconciliation Specialist to our Accounting team! The Reconciliation Specialist will reconcile invoices, check-out statements, and folios received from hotels to Hotel Engine’s records to ensure accuracy. While this role sits in the Accounting department, you’ll work cross functionally with Project Services, Member Experience, and others as needs dictate.
Here's what you'll do:
- Compare information between multiple data sources to ensure accuracy.
- Identify discrepancies, research issues, and communicate findings, both internally and externally.
- Work with hotel partners and customers to resolve differences, and update internal records as needed.
- Prepare and issue payments to hotel partners upon approval.
- Calculate commissions due and ensure commissions are appropriately deducted from payments or separately invoiced, as applicable.
- Upload reconciled invoices to the accounting system.
- Collaborate with management and team to identify opportunities for operational efficiency and process improvement.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Here's what we’re looking for:
- Advanced Excel user; proficient with other Microsoft Office products
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; always professional with customer-centric focus
- Ability to navigate across several systems to find information needed
- Flexible team player with ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage several tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Accounting, financial, or prior reconciliation experience preferred but not required
- Prior experience working at a hotel (front desk, accounting) is a major plus
- The base hourly rate for this role is $20.00-$22.00/hour. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program