Property Accountant II (2 Positions)
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Property Accountant II (2 Positions)
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Our Accounting team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected, managed, and our financial results are properly accounted for at Prologis. As our Property Accountant II, you will collaborate with various members of Finance and Accounting to analyze and explain variances in financial results (budget/forecast to actual and month-to-month). The ideal candidate will be a go-getter with a doer mentality and a great attitude. You should have a strong background in analytics, data analysis, quantitative analysis, great eye for detail, and a strong commitment to process improvement.
Here’s how to do that:
- Independently analyzes and explains variances in financial results (budget/forecast-to-actual and month-to-month)
- Independently analyzes and explains variances between the PeopleSoft General Ledger and other systems
- Prepares account reconciliations for property related accounts to assess validity, correctness and appropriateness of balances; prepares adjusting entries when required.
- Assists in the preparation and review of property budgets
- Understand lease set up in property management system (Yardi) and able to verify accuracy against executed lease document(s), if needed
- Understands and can independently apply our capitalization policy
- Reviews monthly sales tax transactions and prepares required forms submitted to taxing authority(ies) in applicable markets
- Assists peers and Property Managers with troubleshooting issues in Yardi
- Understands the functionality of Yardi accounts receivable transactions and fully comprehends the impact of these transactions on the PeopleSoft general ledger
- Understands the CAM Reconciliation/true-up process, including the impact of PeopleSoft recoverable expense uploads into Yardi
- Verifies accuracy of Yardi system calculations
- Understands and can apply accounting policy regarding rent leveling
- Records property tax accruals and/or amortization of prepaid property taxes; and trues up expense accruals and the liability or prepaid account
- Comprehends and performs advanced accounting functions such as Partnership Accounting responsibilities or Business Park Associations
- Prepares and enters journal entries into PeopleSoft accounting system in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Understands the inter-company (inter-unit) relationships for both consolidated and unconsolidated entities
- Comprehends policies and procedures and can provide assistance to other team members
- Provides recommendations for improving current practices
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or related field
- 2+ years general accounting experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word. PeopleSoft General Ledger and Yardi Property Management a plus
- Conscientious, detail-oriented and produces accurate financial results and reports within required deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with peers, Property Managers, Market Officers and Regional Financial Managers; provides a high degree of customer service to the field offices and is cognizant of situations where supervisors need to become involved
- Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures within the real estate industry
- Display a strong sense of personal accountability to identify and work within required reporting timelines
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the functional and cultural lines of a fast-paced, multinational company
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.