Process Accounting Specialist
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Process Accounting Specialist
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Process Accounting Specialist, you still investigate and resolve questions, issues, and concerns with processing of invoices, expense reports, purchase orders, and outstanding check payments. This individual will also interact with various levels of employees throughout the company, provide customer service commitment within the organization, as well as assist with preparing monthly reports, reconciliations and training within the Process Accounting department.
Here’s how to do that:
- Inputs cash receipts into Yardi Property Managements systems accurately and efficiently according to detailed instructions and policy provided
- Able to prove out daily batch totally as input in Yardi and agree the totals with the deposit amounts provided by the bank using instructions provided for cash logs
- Able to create correcting journal entries for cash receipts when necessary following detailed journal entry models and instructions provided
- Investigate and resolve questions, issues, and concerns with processing of invoices, expense reports, purchase orders and/or vendor management
- Assist with entering AP invoices, managing invoice imaging process, updating accounting tags, templates and/or recurring payments
- Review credit card portfolio for accuracy and compliance with company policies
- Process incoming mail and checks via remote deposits
- Assist with researching and reconciling outstanding checks for escheatment processing
- Assist with updating desktop procedures
- Assist with process improvements, system testing and implementing automated solutions
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports and reconciliation
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Associates degree in Accounting and relevant bookkeeping experience and/or training.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and PeopleSoft
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems
- Ability to problem solve
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Customer service mind-set and a team player mentality.
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with customers, peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.