Policies and Internal Controls Specialist, Robinhood Securities at Robinhood
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
The Policies and Internal Controls Specialist will design, write and maintain firm and departmental procedures that are tailored to Robinhood Securities unique businesses. This candidate will help develop and administer a document management platform designed to maintain, track, update and publish the firm’s written supervisory and operational procedures. Partnering with Robinhood’s cross-functional teams, this candidate will support the creation and maintenance of written supervisory procedures in collaboration with the firm’s Designated Principals in ensuring process and documentation alignment. This candidate will support the Designated Principals with the coordination of responses and remediation related to the controls testing program as well as regulatory, external and internal audit findings. They will implement, continuously enhance and sustain a system for ensuring the policies, procedures, controls inventory and compliance administrative and supervisory documentation scales to support Robinhood’s growth and regulatory change.
We expect this person to bring his/her personal area of subject matter expertise to provide leadership, culture of compliance and a bias towards action while driving multiple initiatives. This position will be located in our Lake Mary, FL or Denver, CO office.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Developing and administration of the document management platform which is designed to maintain, update and publish the firm’s written supervisory procedures.
- Writing and maintaining Robinhood’s written supervisory procedures (WSP) to keep pace with Robinhood’s evolving product offerings, operational processes and regulatory change.
- Ownership of controls regarding WSP and related procedures review and approval flow
- Collaborate with operational teams and cross-functional stakeholders to maintain alignment between the WSPs, the controls inventory, operational process documentation and regulation
- Partnering with internal stakeholders in developing and implementing a monitoring and testing program designed to ensure compliance with FINRA, SEC and government other regulations
- Ensuring compliance with annual and interim approval by designated principals
- Support and coordinate regulatory inquiries for current and historical written supervisory procedures and related documentation.
- Support and/or lead cross-functional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in a broker-dealer compliance environment related specifically to WSPs development, maintenance and testing
- Experience writing and managing written supervisory procedures in accordance with FINRA guidelines
- Strong knowledge and research skills related to federal securities laws applicable to broker dealers and how they impact business operations and controls
- Ability to convey those rules across the organization utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills; often translating regulation and policy into actionable supervisory controls
- Must be comfortable managing multiple priorities
- Keen attention to detail and track record of successfully project managing cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently while keeping interested constituents apprised of project details
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Institutional curiosity as a driving influencer for understanding the “how” and “why” and the creative thinking to identify efficiencies
- FINRA Series 7 or 24
- Experience with FINRA Rules 3110, 3120 and 3130 supervisory system and annual assessments
- Experience with BCP, Change Management and Information Security documentation
- Knowledge of trading compliance, trade reporting, options trading, clearing FINOP functions, settlement, customer protection reserves, custody of securities and operations
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.