Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
The Policies and Internal Controls Compliance Associate will design, write and maintain departmental processes and guidelines that are tailored to Robinhood Financial’s unique business. This candidate will help develop and administer a document management platform designed to maintain, track, update and publish our written supervisory procedures. Partnering with Robinhood’s cross-functional teams, this candidate will own the creation and maintenance of written supervisory procedures in collaboration with the Firm’s Designated Principals in ensuring alignment of documentation to processes. This candidate will participate in assisting our Designated Principals with coordination of responses related to the controls testing program which is designed to assess the effectiveness of the program. In addition, this candidate will serve as the coordinator for regulatory inquiries for current and historical written supervisory procedures and related documentation. They will implement a system for ensuring the Policies and Internal Controls compliance function scales to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. Lastly, this candidate will champion a compliance culture cross-functionally.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Developing and administration of the document management platform which is designed to maintain, update and publish our written supervisory procedures. This requires a service mindset to assist our collaborators.
- Writing and maintaining Robinhood’s written supervisory procedures to keep pace with Robinhood’s fast-changing product offerings and operational processes
- Ownership of controls regarding WSP and related procedures review and approval flow
- Collaborate with operational teams to maintain alignment between the WSPs and the operational process documentation
- Implementing systems and tools to facilitate maintaining procedures, conducting regulatory change management, and engaging cross-functional stakeholders
- Partnering with Internal Controls Associates in developing and implementing a monitoring and testing program designed to ensure compliance with appropriate FINRA, SEC and state and federal regulations
- Ensuring compliance with annual and interim approval by designated principals and other interested parties
- Serving as the coordinator for regulatory inquiries for current and historical written supervisory procedures and related documentation.
- Assisting in special projects as needed at the direction of the Policies & Internal Controls Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in a broker-dealer compliance environment related specifically to WSPs development, maintenance and testing
- Experience writing and managing written supervisory procedures in accordance with FINRA guidelines
- Strong knowledge and research skills related to federal securities laws applicable to broker dealers and how they impact business operations and controls
- Ability to convey those rules across the organization utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills; turning regulatory jargon into plain english
- Must be comfortable managing multiple priorities
- Keen attention to detail and track record of successfully project managing cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to work independently while keeping interested constituents apprised of project details
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Institutional curiosity as a driving influencer for understanding the “how” and “why” and the creative thinking to identify efficiencies
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to step into a project and identify and execute an implementation plan and see the vision for building in the growth plan while keeping a close eye on details
- A service and ownership of execution mindset
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.