Payment Operations Specialist at Reserve Trust
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:56 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Reserve Trust is a Colorado Trust Company with unique access to the U.S. payments system. We are looking for a payment operations specialist with a strong background in bank operations to help us digitally transform (and build from the ground up) a next-generation banking and payments solution with an initial focus on B2B payments.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for daily domestic and international wire and ACH payment and customer service support to create better financial services experiences for our customers.
As a team member in the Reserve Trust operations team, you’ll play a critical role in launching our next generation banking and payments ecosystem. You will work closely with our product, sales, and technology teams to ensure that new features and solutions solve business challenges efficiently and intuitively. You’ll collaborate with smart, talented people and trail blaze new solutions in the financial services industry.
This role will work directly with the VP of Operations to implement new customer accounts, identify operational improvements to enhance the customer experience, and streamline procedures to increase efficiency in the operations.
You will engage with product and technology teams by implementing new ideas with customers and solution partners.
- Ensure daily operations and wire and ACH activity is processed, and all exceptions are handled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for verification, submission, analysis, and processing of all wire and ACH payments.
- Responsible for timely processing of incoming and outgoing wire and ACH files from the Federal Reserve, resolve rejects, stop payment requests, disputes and inquiries.
- Field and respond to client inquiries, fulfill client reporting needs, and escalates issues appropriately and timely.
- Use internal systems to gain knowledge of applications as they relate to the responsibilities of the operations department. Use relevant internal technology to effectively and efficiently manage client inquiries. Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency within the department.
- Assist in the coordination of new business and product implementations.
- Ensure adherence to all established procedures and controls.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analyses and recommend proactive improvements to existing processes.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by the assigned due date.
- AAP Certification preferred
- Broad knowledge of ACH origination processes and procedures, specifically ACH returns and exposure limits desired
- Experience with reconciliation
- Experience with wire transfer, domestic and international Banking or financial industry knowledge and experience is required
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in banking operations, risk management, audit, management consulting, or statistics or another related field is strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting, mathematics, economics or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability
- Proven strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills to understand and identify business needs in order to communicate solutions and execute the implementation of solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in applying technology or automation to solve problems
- Strong Organizational skills, adaptability to frequently changing demands, and ability to appropriately prioritize numerous open projects.
- Self-starter with increasing ability to take ownership and accountability of customer operations.
We value Trust, Collaboration, Drive and Curiosity. We are fully funded, offer a competitive salary, startup equity and have strong competitive advantages in the FinTech marketplace. If you would love to get in on the ground floor of a creative, all-new Financial Payments Platform, then let’s chat!
Read Full Job Description