Global Sanctions Specialist at Robinhood
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
The Financial Crimes Organization is looking for full time investigator roles in our Denver office. The Sanctions Investigator will manage all aspects of an investigation including the in-depth analysis of internal and external data sources.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Review and analyze alerts of potential matches of Robinhood customers to denied parties
- Manage the investigative process from initial detection to disposition and reporting
- Annotate findings providing proof of evidence and a final decision.
- Escalate any matches that you cannot resolve to Sanctions Investigation management
- Escalate any true positive matches to the Sanctions Officer
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience in a Sanctions related investigative/research role
- Proficiency with data analysis techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop productive working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of OFAC risks associated with products, business lines ,and countries
- Blocked Property Report filing experience
- CAMS/CGSS Certification
- Publish training material and support training of new sanctions investigators
- Perform quality audits on investigations to improve the process
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.