FP&A Associate at Skupos
Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
The FP&A Analyst will interface with the Manager of FP&A as well as members of the senior leadership team, respond to requests from investors, and contribute to the strategic direction of Skupos. We are looking for someone who can champion smart growth, deliver financial insight to business leaders, drive business accountability, iterate on our resource allocation as our business needs change, and ensure our financial plan aligns to our strategic goals. The ideal candidate thinks and acts like an owner of the business, is organized, can optimize technology, is able to anticipate issues as the company grows and is willing to play a critical role in defining process and structure. This role will require someone who is comfortable in an ambiguous environment and is excited about thinking holistically on how to build a business to scale.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Support and manage components of the annual and long-term strategic planning, budget, and quarterly rolling forecast process
- Budget approval and monitoring for senior leaders – ability to iterate with leaders to ensure that we remain within budget and achieve our strategic objectives
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting – analyzing financial results (i.e. budget versus actual), synthesize key trends, assess current and future business risks, and communicate key takeaways to impacted stakeholders
- Prepare monthly investor updates and quarterly financial presentations for the Board of Directors meetings
- Oversee the strategy and application of discounts to customer accounts through our billing software, Recurly
- Partner cross-functionally to measure key success metrics, and analyze performance through simplifying complex data to report key insights to the stakeholders that highlight performance and efficiency by comparing to both historical and external benchmarks
- Support Manager of FP&A and VP of Finance on completion of ad-hoc analyses and presentation requests
- Prioritize and plan work activities efficiently while developing and communicating realistic action plans in a timely manner
Skills. We are looking for:
- Strong financial and operational planning skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of an organization and across functions
- Top notch analytical skills and a strategic mindset. Excellent written and oral communication skills to articulate complex ideas in simple ways.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and creatively solve problems
- Collaborative personality with a keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company’s goals
- Nice To Have
- Experience in the software industry
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Mode or other data visualization platforms
Experience. Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting, MBA or CPA preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience supporting multiple functional areas with an organization, with subject matter expertise in financial analysis, headcount/resource management, business metric reporting, and accounting.
- Experience in public accounting, consulting, or investment banking
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in Denver, CO: $80,000 - $90,000.
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
Since March, all of our Skuad has been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate face-to-face again. As you go through our virtual interview process, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the Skuad, we will get you all the equipment needed to get you set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Skuad including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let your Recruiter know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - We are in your corner!