FP&A Analyst at Guild Education
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst to join our rapidly growing Finance & Accounting Team. This role is a part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team that is responsible for financial planning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and strategic business partnering.
In this role, you will support forecasting and planning, financial reporting, company goal-setting, and strategic finance analyses, all while helping Guild achieve its mission. You’ll form positive relationships across the organization and work with key stakeholders, both internally and externally. In addition, you’ll be a critical member of the team, identifying new opportunities, driving process improvements and providing decision support for leadership.
As an FP&A Analyst, you will:
- Own budgeting and forecasting components of the operating model, which the organization uses to plan headcount, cash flow, and resource allocations, as well as set and define company and department level critical metrics.
- Prepare financial reporting, presentations and develop monthly close packages for our Board of Directors, investors, and senior management to ensure key partners are knowledgeable and equipped to add to Guild’s growth.
- Partner with leadership to set company-wide annual and quarterly quantitative goals as part of Guild’s ongoing goal-setting process (OKRs).
- Analyze business and performance trends to provide useful insights and decision support to leadership team.
- Improve existing forecast models; find opportunities to streamline reporting and implement improvements in processes.
- Work cross functionally on ad hoc projects that include, but are not limited to, scenario planning, sensitivity and profitability analysis.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience. You have 2+ years of relevant work experience in a corporate finance function, investment banking, consulting, or private equity / growth equity. Preference for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.).
- Technical skills. You’re highly qualified in Excel with the ability to develop insightful and complex financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment.
- Ambitious and creative approach. You're a self-starter with a roll-up-the-sleeves, action and solution oriented mentality to have an impact in a constantly evolving, fast-paced growth environment.
- Communication. You can distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, clients, front-line team members and everyone in between.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Team skills. You have an overall positive demeanor with a can-do, customer service mentality. You are collaborative, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and build successful working relationships with a variety of internal and external partners.
- Passion. You are passionate about serving our students and a steadfast drive to build an outstanding business.
- Discipline. You have strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to balance multiple projects/tasks with multiple partners while hitting goals on time-sensitive projects.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Experience implementing and supervising a cloud-based EPM like Anaplan or Adaptive Insights strongly preferred; Looker and SQL experience a plus.
- Finance business partnership or previous FP&A experience
- Comfortable and confident addressing senior leadership and executives
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $65,000 - $80,000, as well as company stock options.#LI-JG1
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.