Financial Compliance Analyst
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Our business is complicated, with more than 15 million service requests annually and a dynamic internet landscape with rapidly-changing customer behaviors. ANGI operates 10 brands in 8 countries and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
Our business is complicated, with a large team of sales and operations professionals working to grow our network of over 200,000 service professionals. We’re constantly exploring better ways to operate, and trying new things; coupled with our rapid growth there are innumerable opportunities to support the company with your insight.
What you'll be doing:
- Coordinate requests for both internal and external audits
- Perform management testing as it relates to internal control processes
- Work cross functionally within the accounting department to assist with accounting related projects and workloads
- Assist in the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company's system of internal controls in financial, operational, technology and compliance activities
- Review and evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures and help implement corrective actions
- Assist in creating and maintaining all corporate policies, control documentation, and flowcharts
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and/or Finance
- At least 1-2 years of internal audit and/or public accounting experience
- Public company experience strongly preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate
- SOX 404 experience preferred
- International accounting experience a plus
- Must be proactive in identifying process improvements and take initiative to diagnosis and remediate potential issues
- Must work well in a team setting and be able to foster inter-departmental cooperation in compliance efforts
- Thorough understanding of audit methodologies and processes (e.g., COSO, COBIT, GAAS)
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects/assignments
- Must be articulate and confident in communication of ideas, issues, and resolutions to a broad audience (e.g. executive management, staff, internal & external auditors, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters
- Online subscription model business experience a plus.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/