Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
Outrider’s growing finance and accounting team is looking for a passionate accounting professional who wants to do exceptional work in a rapidly changing and engaging environment. You will report to our Senior Accountant and work on accounting tasks that vary between operational and financial accounting, with additional startup responsibilities that will offer opportunities to grow professionally, technically, and personally. This position interfaces with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, and has the ability to grow into a management role.
This is an awesome opportunity to help Outrider define, build, and lead autonomous yard operations, a new and exciting product category in supply chain/logistics automation. We're the beneficiaries of two important and exciting macro trends whose importance is hard to overstate: 1/robotic automation and 2/sustainable, green transportation. Both will shape the future of how goods get to store shelves and doorsteps, and Outrider will play a key role in driving this transformation in the near future. This role is part of the command center for company operations, where you'll help support the accounting and financial operations functions that directly support our financial health, fundraising capabilities, profitability, and cash position.
The ideal candidate for the Staff Accountant position will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
- Support the month-end and year-end close process
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, credit cards, and fixed assets
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Review and audit employee expense reports
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results to internal stakeholders
- Analyze financial information and summarize the status of key accounting functions
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice to various stakeholders
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
- Provide input into department OKR and goal-setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budgets according to schedule
- Assist with sales & use tax filings, property taxes, and other tax matters
- Work closely with outside accounting firms on audit and tax matters
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with the head of financial planning and analysis/FP&A to improve financial procedures
- Perform administrative tasks involving insurance, benefits, vehicle registrations, & rebates
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant discipline
- 2+ yrs. experience in accounting or transactional (A/R, A/P, payroll) roles, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity and comfort with financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite or comparable ERP system
- Advanced MS Excel skills (including, for example, VLOOKUP and pivot tables)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail in written and spoken communication
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ability to set and hit deadlines reliably
- Relevant certification (e.g., CMA or CPA) or advanced degree (MBA)
- Experience working with outside accounting firms on audit and tax matters
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $60,000 - 85,000
- For benefits, check this out!
- Flexibility on work location - this position can be based in Golden, CO or remote
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.