Finance Director - North America Merchant Solutions at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Accounting
Travel Percentage :25%
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, leads, manages and motivates staff.
• Monitors staff performance, works with Human Resources on issues, works with employees to implement goals and document progress.
• Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies.
• Ensures accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of data.
• Acts as liaison between company, government and auditors in providing required information and ensures proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
• Manages, prepares, administers and directs the control of budget.
• Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
• Monitors division/department adherence to approved budgets.
• Submits various federal, state and local reports – ensuring timely and accurate filing of tax returns.
• Controls activities involving management of cash resources.
• Oversees investigation of cost structures and pricing of new services or products.
• Ensures costs are allocated according to established procedures.
• Manages preparation of budget versus actual reports.
• Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure efficient operations.
• Identifies areas of potential improvement.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Requires strong management skills
• Requires strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
• Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
• Requires extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their application in a large, diverse organization
• Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
• Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
• Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
• Ability to design, document and implement process improvements
• Strong system management/control experience
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Director level managerial role – directs and controls, through subordinate managers/supervisors, the financial activities of a functional area. Has responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Participates with other managers in establishing strategic plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative/operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the business and/or industry. Participates in development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. Typically requires ten plus years of financial management experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.