WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHO YOU ARE...
As the Due Diligence Credit Manager at Maxwell, you are the go-to person for all principles and documentation pertaining to mortgage lending. You work closely with internal and external resources to execute operational strategy and ensure expectations are exceeded, and love to leverage data against system logic and information captured. One of the biggest areas you enjoy focusing your time on is managing and developing the Due Diligence team to better understand findings and find solutions proactively.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Manages daily production of the Credit Underwriters while forecasting staffing moves to outstanding projects to eliminate any down time.
- Monitor clients and loan reviews in process for all active projects and communicate with Credit Underwriters to ensure projects are delivered within the applicable SLA
- Escalates any noncompliance to management if unable to resolve timely via verbal or email communication
- Provides post deal and/or client specific reporting for management to address QC results, problems and/or questions
- Prepare weekly transaction activity/status reportsInteract with external clients, escrow, title, and third-party vendors
- Prepare detailed Investment Committee documents for internal approvals as well as detailed documents required for Closing/transitioning to property management
- Review loan packages, underwriting guidelines, or data files to identify the documentation necessary for the review
- Capture required information from such information (which may include bookmarking the relevant pages where such information can be located) in a designated place
- Based on set criteria, audit loans to determine salability or conducts final review of loan documentation for accuracy
- Identify and document any discrepancies during audit, document issues in the process
IDEALLY YOU'LL HAVE...
- Extensive knowledge in preferred fraud investigative reviews, specific to underwriting/due diligence/secondary market
- High technical aptitude - we are a tech company so must have familiarity with platforms like Slack, Zoom, Gsuite, etc.
- Ability to successfully consult with clients, advise multiple interested parties, and execute on business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to telecommute - must have reliable internet and dedicated work space
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical ability, quantitative skills, and good judgment
- Demonstrate professional behavior and teamwork, punctual, dependable and adhere to company policies and procedures
Not sure you meet all of our ideals? We're a company based on capabilities and would still love to hear from you, so please apply!
Compensation Range: $100,000-$120,000
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Flexible vacation time plus strong benefits packages offering a wide range of top-tier insurance plans so all Maxwell employees can find coverage that best suits their needs
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A company that is people-centric: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description