Director, Internal Controls & SOX
Please review the job details below.
The Director, Internal Controls & SOX will be responsible for developing a strategic and tactical plan for internal control functions and will be responsible for the team managing, developing, directing, communicating, and analyzing internal controls to ensure appropriateness and accuracy. The Director will also be responsible for the team developing training materials, policies and procedures, and direction of controls for financial improvement of operations and financial reporting. This person will stay closely aligned with Finance and the SOX PMO management in order to understand and add value to our business. Role will report to CAO and will be part of Controllership Organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Partner with Business Transformation Team to design and implement the Future State environment with a strong emphasis on controls and the push toward a higher level of automation (automated preventative controls versus manual detective controls).
- Partner with the Business and Finance Leadership to create, implement, communicate, and monitor Finance Policies compliance.
- Oversee the evaluation and design of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement and drive changes to both controls and processes.
- Oversee the documentation, timing, and execution of financial/accounting/actuarial/operational process flows, with a focus on internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Lead the execution of management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process mapping and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
- Lead the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financial reporting and SOX.
- Partner and liaise with external auditors and external consultants to plan and implement an assessment of the control environment and the annual plan and timeline for doing so.
- Develop processes and policies for reporting findings and lead communicator of those finding to interested parties.
- Collaborate with process owners in development of action plans to assess the adequacy of action taken by management to correct control deficiencies, and continuing reviews with appropriate management on action until satisfactory resolution.
- Collaborate in development and implementation of a system to capture and track control deficiencies and remediation status of them.
- Engage the second line in testing the design and operating effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 10+ years of related business experience with at least 3+ years of experience in an Internal Controls, SOX, Internal Audit or similar function.
- 5+ years of experience in management or leadership.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with internal controls, audit, or risk management (any A&D experience would be a bonus).
- Deep understanding of SOX internal controls framework and certifications process.
- US Citizenship.
- CPA, CIA, or related certifications preferred.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder, and a manager of expectations.
- Good knowledge of Internal Control best practices and emerging trends.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.