Greater Denver Area
You dive in to understand and act on all activities associated with a hyper-growth SaaS business. You are humble and curious. You have an understanding of Enterprise SaaS dynamics and can build bridges and work cross functionally in a complex and global organization matrix and can contribute into effective scalable processes.
You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to provide timely and accurate revenue and receivables/collections
You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally.
About the Role:
Udemy is seeking for Collection Manager who will be responsible for minimizing financial losses, increase cash collection and reduction in cash collection cycle time. We are looking to bring on a dedicated, results-driven individuals who can balance assertiveness and empathy. This position will manage Collection, Loss Mitigation, and Dispute resolution and would be process owner for these functions. #LI-EB1
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Design, develop, and deploy effective and efficient collection strategies, processes and workflows.
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Sales & Sales Ops, to ensure that credit and collection policies, procedures and practices are implemented and adhered
- Facilitate communication and meetings related to customer complaints concerning billing
- Set and manage delinquency, roll rates and collection efforts to achieve desired results
- Handles escalated communication when necessary in a professional manner
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures
- Promptly manage the responses to customer inquiries regarding invoices and/or past due balances
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed
- Collaborate with other departments to define/enhance processes impacting Customer interactions
- Prepare and review monthly aging and DSO reports assessing status of receivables
- Engage with and manage the relationship with external collectors
We're excited about you because you have:
- Finance/Accounting background
- 7+ years of Enterprise collections experience
- Progressive financial and accounting experience, with a minimum of 2 years of SaaS revenue recognition and experience supporting sales operations highly desired
- Ability and willingness to handle multiple tasks under a tight deadline in a a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revrec rules, (ASC 606)
- Maintains high performance standards; passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Highly positive and collaborative individual that excels at developing working relationships, building consensus and fostering trust and collaboration at all levels
- Be a change agent for implementing new ideas and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
- Support audit processes and communicate with auditors on receivables & collections
- Experience with software packages including NetSuite, SalesForce.com and Microsoft Office Suite.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description