Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Learns or remains current on Visa and MasterCard rules and regulations, federal and state regulations and internal procedures that affect chargeback dispute processing.
• Handles all aspects of the dispute process in compliance with Visa/MasterCard, federal and state rules and regulations.
• Reviews, researches and initiates the resolution of dispute inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions, merchants and internal departments. Disputes that are not processed efficiently and effectively can result in financial loss for FIS and/or merchants.
• Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations in resolving billing errors.
• Responds to telephone inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions and merchants regarding disputes.
• When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, escalates to the appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
• Handles/resolves non-posted items, retrieval projects and authorization chargeback’s.
• Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards and adherence to schedule.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Visa/MasterCard operating rules and regulations and federal and state regulations
• Knowledge of processes and procedures that affect credit, debit and pre-paid debit dispute processing
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Computer navigation and operation skills
• Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Experienced support role. Performs chargeback/dispute resolution processing and handles dispute inquiries. Questions and issues are predominantly routine but associate must be able to deviate from standard scripts and procedures as needed. Handles situations which may require adaptation of response or extensive research. May require advanced problem solving. Plays a lead role in escalations. Resolves chargeback-related issues within the department. Communicates with agencies concerning chargeback processing. Resolves MasterCard handling fees, conversion issues, and de-conversion issues. Coaches and shares information with professionals with less experience and/or expertise. Works under general supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Typically authorized to make decisions regarding items of more than $750 without receiving approval from a team lead or supervisor. Typically requires a minimum of two years customers service experience and three or more years of chargeback experience. One or more years of financial services experience is required.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.