Business Analytics Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a high-caliber professional to join its VictorOps finance/operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, collaborative team and have a direct impact on Spunk’s fast-growing business. This highly visible and senior position will be responsible for creating and maintaining key operating metrics to stear the VictorOps Go-To-Market team and product offering. In this role, you will partner with other leaders of the VictorOps Sales, Marketing, Support, Success teams and Product teams, and you will be a catalyst in helping to establish the right strategy and processes as Splunk transitions to becoming a majority subscription and recurring revenue business.
Reporting to the GM of VictorOps, you will be a key member of the Splunk VictorOps team in creating and maintaining effective business metrics, supporting legacy accounting processes, and partnering with finance on operating model. Additionally, you will work directly with departmental leaders to do fiscal planning, staffing allocations, metrics analysis and department performance.
Areas of Responsibility
- Own and run the Business Metrics process currently installed
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; crafting modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Prepare metrics / LOB performance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends for topics such as: customer churn, non-renewals, downgrades
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Support Finance partner on the creation of and maintenance of the VictorOps Business Financial Operating model
- Headcount planning and staffing
- Quota and Commission Design
- Bookings, Billings and Revenue Modeling
- Coordinate line of business financial planning and budget management functions
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and developed benchmarks
- Partner with finance to manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Supporting finance partner performing forecasting, budgeting and investment allocation activities
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Vendor and customer negotiations
- Work with department managers to develop five-year business plans
Legacy Accounting Support in Partnership with Splunk Accounting team
- Preparation of paperwork supporting the annual tax return, future budget and performance analysis of profit centers
- Review and recordation of post accounting function transfer of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Post Fiscal Year close including paperwork aiding in the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review of monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Post acquisition preparation of monthly financial documents and related footnotes
- Preparation of post acquisition year to date cash flow
- Look after the accumulation of permitted reimbursements from clients through the accounts payable process and bill these reimbursements to the clients monthly
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Either an MBA or a CPA is required for the role
- 10 to 12 years Accounting/Finance experience a requirement
- SaaS experience is also a requirement
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!