About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida,Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood’s AML Operations team is located in Denver, CO and is looking for an AML investigations subject matter expert. The AML Investigator will be responsible for supporting and improving compliance and anti-money laundering processes and controls. This includes monitoring exception reports to identify unusual patterns of activity and, if applicable, writing Suspicious Activity Reports. The investigator will support the AML team in managing risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, the BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Reviewing daily reports/alerts and escalating suspicious activity patterns or trends
- Documenting rationale and file Suspicious Activity Reports where necessary
- Supporting program-wide investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Receiving and triaging referrals from internal partners
- Assisting with training and quality reviews of new team members
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 2+ years experience in Transaction Monitoring / AML Investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Risk or Policy, and Social Sciences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong modeling ability, and proficiency with Excel
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize key initiatives and related tasks
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- ACAMs Certified
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.