Accounts Receivable Specialist at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Accounts Receivable Specialist
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join an established team and make an immediate impact! This role will be responsible for accurate posting of customer cash receipts, reconciling cash receipts posted to daily deposits per bank, corrections of receipts when received in the wrong lockbox, and all related journal entries.
Here’s how to do that:
- Review daily cash receipts file and identify and assign all customers and charges where applicable not found via the Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Provide input and analysis based on daily cash posting to assist RPA team in identifying ongoing robot improvements and adjustments
- Apply offsets in the Yardi Property Management system (“Yardi”) accurately according to policy and procedures without daily instruction or oversight
- Reconcile daily cash totals posted in Yardi to the total deposit amounts provided by the bank and follow up on reconciling differences
- Prepare and enter journal entries into PeopleSoft accounting system to correct cash receipts when necessary or post cash receipts received in the wrong lockbox
- Gather information and fill out customer direct deposit (“ACH”) forms
- Assist accountants in researching and resolving reconciling items in lockbox bank reconciliations
- Review Yardi AR Aging reports regularly for cash applications and record offsets accordingly
- Research receipt inquires and ledger discrepancies, identify any steps necessary to resolve in Yardi and/or bank systems, communicating effectively with requester, bank, IT and/or management as appropriate to ensure resolution
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with teammates, property managers, customers and accountants on cash receipts that need to be researched prior to application or other inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and related experience and/or training
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Outlook, Word) and PeopleSoft (preferred) and Yardi Property Management (preferred)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to research, problem solve, and resolve reconciling items through applying appropriate offsets
- Customer service focus and team player mentality, with the ability to drive communication with operations
- Demonstrated ability to learn and then routinely apply policies and procedures without daily instruction and under general supervision
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple requests in a fast-paced environment at one time along with the ability to embrace change
- Question past practice while performing daily tasks and proactively share concerns with supervisor
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Take ownership of personal development, create a positive team spirit and support company/ department initiatives
- Conscientious and detail-oriented to produce accurate financial data with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and efficiently (oral and written) with customers, peers, property managers, accountants, etc.
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Target base compensation range of: $21.63-$23.08/hour, plus target bonus to be discussed during initial phone interview.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-HB
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time