Accounts Payable Specialist at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Prologis is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist in our Denver, Colorado office.
- Process US, Mexico, & Canadian pay cycle daily.
- Prepare and enter electronic payments .
- Prepare monthly recurring payments.
- Update and maintain vendors in PeopleSoft.
- Research outstanding checks for escheatment processing.
- File escheated payments in accordance to state law.
- Review open vouchers report for payment issues.
- Import property tax batches as requested.
- Maintain ACH set up for vendors on 3rd party website.
- Process 1099s.
- Assist with positive pay exceptions as needed.
- Assist peers and Property Managers with field related questions.
- Assist with setting up bank account for new entities.
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley quarterly testing and compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and related experience and/or training.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and PeoplesSoft preferred
- Conscientious, detail-oriented and produces accurate financial results/reports within required deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to effectively multitask and execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency
- Able to communicate effectively (oral and written) and efficiently with customers, vendors, peers, Property Managers, Market Officers and Regional Financial Managers; provides a high degree of customer service to the field offices and is cognizant of situations where supervisors need to become involved
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to accurately type and 10- Key
- Customer service mind-set and a team player mentality.
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach.
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.