Accounts Payable Specialist
If you are an experienced accounts payable specialist, we have a great opportunity for you in a fun, dog friendly environment!
We are experiencing high-growth and are looking to add a part-time Accounts Payable Specialist to our team. We are a work-hard, play-hard environment that is looking to find the right candidate to align with our values and culture.
This position will be responsible for all day-to-day tasks related to the accurate
and timely payments of vendors and employees.
What you will get to do:
- Process invoices, expense reports, check requests through Concur.
- Ensure correct GL coding for invoices and routing for approval.
- Monitor invoices for approvals and communicate internally for items not being approved timely.
- Provide accruals and proposed journal entries for month end close.
- Obtain vendor setup documents to set up new vendors and properly maintain backup.
- Monitor ACH payments and maintain vendor banking information for payments.
- Communicate with vendors regarding outstanding invoices and account issues.
- Resolve vendor statement and invoice discrepancies.
- Review 1099 reports for select vendors at year end.
- Review employee expense reports and monitor compliance with internal policies.
- Monitor expense reports for approvals and communicate internally for items not being approved timely
- Reconcile multiple accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents/reports
- Other projects as needed
What you bring to this opportunity:
- 1 year of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, college coursework in accounting is preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Ability to perform mathematical computations quickly and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail, high work ethic, strategic, intellectually curious
- Experience with Concur or Netsuite a plus
What Makes Working Here Amazing:
Our people make us great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. We offer our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a mission to help the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.