Accounts Payable Capital Expenditures Specialist at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Accounts Payable Capital Expenditures Specialist
PrologisDo you want to play a role in global commerce?
Here's how do to do that:
- Review requisitions, PO’s and vouchers that to determine compliance with the capitalization guidelines.
- Review and approve capital purchase orders and contracts.
- Verify all necessary documents are attached to the invoice or have been requested from the vendors or approvers.
- Work with Project Managers for change orders or approved project releases.
- Perform reconciliation of project costing module to general ledger and investigate and resolve all variances.
- Prepare journal entries to appropriately capitalize costs that were coded incorrectly.
- Understands and can apply accounting capitalization policy.
- Assists peers and Property Managers with troubleshooting issues in Yardi and Peoplesoft.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tell us if you're ready:
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and PeoplesSoft preferred
- Conscientious, detail-oriented and produces accurate financial results/reports within required deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to effectively multitask
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with peers, Property Managers, Market Officers and Regional Financial Managers; provides a high degree of customer service to the field offices and is cognizant of situations where supervisors need to become involved
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time