Accountant (Part-Time) at StackHawk
StackHawk is looking for a part-time accountant to help with monthly finance and accounting responsibilities. StackHawk is a software-as-a-service startup that just recently entered General Availability. Our accounting has been relatively simple to date, but is increasing in complexity as we scale operations and begin onboarding customers. The ideal candidate not only will lead the monthly close, but also will create systems and processes that allow for efficient scaling.
What You'll Do
- Monthly Close. You’ll be responsible for closing the books each month. This includes verifying all expense entries, revenue recognition, booking entries for prepaids and accruals, and reconciliations. You will lead the monthly close and have support where needed from an external advisor and the COO.
- Accounting Automation. In this role, you will build systems to help accounting operations scale efficiently as the company grows. This includes selecting the proper tools, creating processes and workflows, and identifying new areas for potential automation.
- Management of AP / AR. Manage our small, but soon to be growing, AP and AR accounts. Ensure that bills are paid in a timely fashion and that we are collecting on outstanding invoices.
- Reporting. Prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders, review budget to actual, and summarize the books for StackHawk’s founders.
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Experience in or knowledge of SaaS accounting
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with our tech stack is a plus, including Quickbooks Online, Expensify, Bill.com, and Google Sheets
- Systems thinker that identifies how processes can be automated, or at a minimum documented
- Self starter who is comfortable working with autonomy
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary, either as a part time employee or as a contractor. We are happy to consider either arrangement.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! We have a great team that tackles hard problems together and laughs a lot while doing it. We also provide occasional perks to ensure that the team is connected and appreciated.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a seed stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.