Finance Director, Retail Wireless
DISH, an EchoStar Company, has been reimagining the future of connectivity for more than 40 years. Our business reach spans satellite television service, live-streaming and on-demand programming smart home installation services, mobile plans and products, and now we are building America's First Smart Network™.
Today, our brands include EchoStar, Hughes, DISH TV, Sling TV, Boost Infinite, Boost Mobile, DISH Wireless, OnTech and GenMobile.
The DISH Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides decision support to improve the business and drive corporate strategy. This role will be on the Retail Wireless team, which reports to the VP of Corporate FP&A. The team is a nimble group that works closely with the VP of FP&A and the CFO to cover all aspects of traditional FP&A functions as well as perform ad hoc analysis and due diligence support as needed for Retail Wireless. The Retail Wireless Finance Director is responsible for leading and mentoring a 10+ person team with overall responsibility for the following: creation of and reporting on subscriber lifetime values across current and future Retail Wireless companies; M&A and special transaction support for Retail Wireless; documentation and presentation of proposed Retail Wireless projects; ad hoc analysis for strategic decision support; operational cost analyses and business unit analytical support; recommending strategies for improvement; creation and maintenance of Retail Wireless forecasts; monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting; and partnering with Financial Planning on the annual budgeting process. This Director will work with DISH employees ranging from the CEO and Chairman to entry level analysts, and as such must show strong oral and written communication skills as well as a strong sense of leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
- Lead Retail Wireless Finance team through the development and presentation of quarterly calculations of new and existing subscriber value across current and future Retail Wireless companies
- Lead team responsible for gathering data to be used in various analysis projects, including M&A and ad hoc projects for Retail Wireless
- Perform modeling functions for M&A activity, including activity around Wireless M&A
- Work as a mentor to the team's managers and analysts to develop complex models for Retail Wireless and its operating departments to determine optimal Retail Wireless strategies
- Interpret financial data and communicate recommendations to department leadership and company executives in small and large group settings
- Collaborate with the operating groups to suggest ideas to improve performance for all areas of Retail Wireless, including possible areas for Retail Wireless expansion
- Represent the best interests of the CFO department and Retail Wireless in cross-functional meetings and discussions
- Creation and management of financial reports to monitor key metrics, interpret financial results, and seek out areas of concern and/or opportunity for Retail Wireless
- Creation of and reporting on the Retail Wireless budget; support of the quarterly earnings/analyst calls; analyst presentations; and Board of Directors meetings
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- MBA from nationally recognized, accredited university preferred; will accept equivalent experience with Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting from similar institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the Google Suite with some knowledge of database basics (e.g., Microsoft Access, SQL) and OneStream helpful
- Well-polished oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to summarize complex concepts into simple, understandable, and easy-to-follow presentation materials
- Strong ability and desire to work with mathematical concepts (discounted cash flow analysis, statistics, probabilities, algebraic expressions, etc.)
- Able to draw valid conclusions from data sets and to mentor individuals to develop the ability to draw similar conclusions from similar data sets
- Experience managing teams in a fast paced, high throughput environment
- Excellent teamwork skills with ability to establish productive working relationships with executives and staff in other departments, as well as leading cross functional working teams
- Detailed knowledge of DISH financials (all business lines) or a similar subscriber related business
Compensation: $165,000.00/Year - $215,000.00/Year
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.
This will be posted for a minimum of 3 days or until the position is filled.