VP of Engineering
What are we looking for?
Title: VP of Engineering
Compensation: Market salary plus equity, commensurate with experience
Reports To: CTO
Are you passionate about building, shaping, and leading technical engineering teams? Are you a fantastic listener and communicator with a high emotional quotient? Do you love the challenge of solving issues? Are you excited about implementing and fine-tuning engineering processes to ensure that everyone is provided an environment to be successful in? Ready to take the next step in your career and move to a VP level? If so, we might have a home for you!
We are looking for a VP of Engineering to help continue to build and shape our technical team as we expand and develop our next generation B2B SaaS platform. We are looking for a highly engaged leader to work directly with our CTO and other senior leadership to help our engineering team be successful and deliver great software!
Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset with a track record of building and leading high-performance technical teams, with an emphasis on creating and managing engineering processes to reinforce a culture of delivery and success. We are looking for a highly engaged individual that will be recruiting for new engineering positions and managing the current engineering team as well as defining and maintaining quality engineering processes, ensuring that we are continuously delivering robust, well-engineering products with immense business value to our existing and prospective customers.
Who are you?
You are looking for a challenge that combines both your technical background and your leadership skills to deliver game-changing software solutions to the market. You recognize that you can’t be successful unless you make your team successful and that effective collaboration and mentoring is vital. You can take out the trash, run a standup, hire an engineer, and work with the product team to define and guide engineers to deliver product features – all in the same day. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are flexible in adapting to change. Innovation and high-growth culture are in your blood. You seek opportunities to express initiative, volunteering readily to help others, and facilitating an environment of communication, trust, and honesty. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. You have a high level of curiosity that reveals insights and implications, and you use that knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
You are a leader with a team-centered management style that is passionate about building not only great teams but great products. You are a stickler about the process of developing and delivering software. You know how to motivate individuals and groups with positive reinforcement. You understand what it means to deliver an MVP product and to provide a top-notch user experience. You have pride in your work and instill that pride in your team. You build the right amount of processes, tools, and discipline at the right time, recognizing where value can be added and where bureaucracy can be eliminated.
Importantly, you exemplify our core principles of transparency, honesty, clarity, accountability, and safety.
Documoto welcomes candidates looking to relocate to Colorado.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Apply your technical and management experience to guide your team to deliver world-class software.
- Balance technical and business goals to determine product expansion and growth.
- Contribute to attracting, hiring, and retaining top-notch talent for our growing engineering team.
- Work closely with senior leadership; provide updates; participate in strategic planning.
- Manage and optimize our engineering, QA, and delivery processes.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality and consistency in the software are delivered and maintained.
- Work side by side with our Product, Sales, and Services teams to ensure we're building the right product for the right customers.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience building enterprise-scale distributed applications, with much of that in SaaS startups.
- Experience managing a technical team of 5-15 individuals, including performance management, scheduling, hiring, firing.
- Deep and broad knowledge of software development delivery – sales and support transitions, methodologies, project management, requirements management, process design, organizational readiness, and training.
- Strong understanding of software development management – scoping, pricing, metrics, escalation, resource balancing, scheduling, utilization, portfolio management.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management, customers, and business stakeholders.
- Must be detail-oriented, outcome-focused, data-informed, and analytical.
- Experience in manufacturing, eCommerce, ERP, or mechanical engineering is a big plus but not required!
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management as well as business stakeholders.
- An effective manager that leads by example, a servant leader.
- Well organized.
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively; a great attitude.