Test Analyst Hardware
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founder’s, entrepreneurial mentality and a 'team-first attitude our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners across the globe can be successful doing what they love.
As a part of the SumUp Hardware team, you will be improving the quality of our hardware products as well as the related mobile apps and their connected services. You will implement procedures to ensure that SumUp’s production devices are compliant with our quality standards and that software changes don’t introduce bugs. The ultimate goal is to deliver seamless integrations to applicable software components and devices (mobile apps).
What you’ll be doing:
- Exploratory testing of our hardware (IoT) products in combination with mobile apps (iOS, Android) and backend services
- Actively collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to build requirements, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness
- Investigating product issues and support tickets, and creating detailed, actionable reports for the development team
- Assisting in the configuration, use, and management of test versions and test data
- Developing acceptance criteria for features of our products
What you will bring along:
- Solid experience and a genuine passion for end to end testing and requirement analysis
- Good understanding of product development, underlying system architecture and user requirements in the payments ecosystem
- Experience in functional, regression, performance and exploratory testing
- Experience in planning, designing and executing tests and user scenarios through manual and automated means on embedded and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of source control system i.e. github
- Good understanding of software backend and mobile development, with a focus on interfaces
- Experience in context-driven testing
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of a close, welcoming international community of more than 1,600 people from over 52 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, and office parties
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and deliver presentations!Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Boulder, Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past, we've gone to Spain, Bulgaria, Greece and a castle in the countryside of Germany
- Prime office location on Pearl Street (Downtown Boulder)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plans
- Immediate PTO available upon hire
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- Fun: weekly team events and SumUp US milestone celebrations
- Free rotating beer selection, fruits, and organic snacks
- Free Bus Pass and discounted Gym Memberships
- 1 additional PTO Powder/Outdoor day - this is why we live in Boulder, right?
We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can also choose whether to include a CV, your LinkedIn profile, a link to your github, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think gives us the complete picture.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.