Tech Lead, Prologis Labs
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Tech Lead, Prologis Labs
Prologis is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
As a Lead IoT Engineer, you will be part of a small, cross functional team developing innovative products and services utilizing future technology relating to warehouses, supply-chain, and logistics. This role operates within the IT Emerging Technologies team as part of the Prologis Innovation Lab (Prologis Labs). The ideal candidate must be creative and very collaborative, working with global colleagues and partners across multiple time zones.
Prologis is looking for a talented full stack software engineer with experience and interest in building innovative IoT and related applications that run on AWS and other platforms. The ideal engineer will have a passion for developing innovative, edge and cloud systems that are part of our emerging technologies team. We are looking for true passion for learning and quickly deploying cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced environment to support innovation experiments, POC’s and pilots. Our mission is to build and deliver cutting edge, agile solutions that can grow into new lines of business and drive the Prologis ancillary revenues.
This role is primarily responsible for developing full stack IoT and related applications for industrial real estate and logistics innovations. In this role you will be part of the Prologis Labs team, focused on emerging technologies and supporting experiments, POC’s and pilots in a variety of areas including Industrial IoT, 3D CAD/BIM models, Digital Twins and blockchain. No one person will have all of these skills, so the willingness and ability to learn quickly and the courage to create solutions in uncharted territory will be key to your enjoyment and success in this role.
- Design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services supporting innovation experiment, POC’s and pilots
- Leading and coordinating internal and external developers and DevOps professionals including onshore and offshore resources.
- Learning and achieving basic proficiency on a variety of new and emerging technologies quickly and efficiently with minimal oversight.
- Managing source control, build automation, infrastructure as code and other artifacts required to run an effective agile DevOps process.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics or similar
- Experience with one or more AWS IoT, Azure IoT, PTC ThingWorx or similar Full Stack edge and cloud IoT platforms.
- Strong data background working with SQL, JSON and other structured, semi structured and unstructured data in streaming, batch and storage technologies.
- Experience with HTTP APIs and RESTful web services
- Experience and willingness to take on DevOps in the AWS, Azure or similar cloud environments
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Competence and desire working across the full stack of a platform, from edge devices and networking code, to cloud streaming services, data platforms, web applications and reporting and analytics platforms.
- 'Make-it-happen' attitude, the innate capacity for ownership and timely delivery of results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing a team of distributed resources and delivering on a schedule
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.