Team Leader, Mobile Software Development at KPA
| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:11 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, October 17, 2020
KPA (www.kpa.io) is a proven SaaS technology and services partner for corporate compliance and human resource professionals seeking opportunities to raise productivity, control expense, and mitigate financial and reputational risk via business process automation, improved safety and workplace compliance, and better HR practices. With KPA’s proven portfolio of end-to-end solutions and operational best practice clients can unlock opportunities to drive down costs, mitigate risk, and enhance the employee experience at a lower cost than clients can achieve internally.
Founded in 1986, KPA is owned by Providence Equity Partners, a top-tier private-equity company, and is focused on delivering SaaS solutions to the small and mid-size business (“SMB”) markets.
The Mobile Software Development Team Lead will understand and be responsible for defining mobile architecture, technology strategy & roadmaps in collaboration with key technical stakeholders within the organization. They will understand functional and product requirements for multiple concurrent releases for our mobile application in the Environmental Health and Safety, Human Resources and Sales and Finance. In addition to mobile software development, this individual will guide technical development, lead estimation processes, participate in requirements gathering, coordinate work across other developers and work with senior leadership to resolve technical issues.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle.
- Manage applications through the app stores, including the approval process, identifying and fixing review issues, and managing related timelines.
- Collaborate with architects, product owners, and software engineers to drive implementation of robust mobile software capabilities and experiences.
- Collaborate with Product Team and UX/UI designers on Mobile App best practices.
- Conduct design, architecture and code reviews to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensure quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, testing and deployment
- Support and review development activities of team members, contractors, and offshore resources
In the first 2 weeks you will:
- Receive a demo of all software products.
- Review the current Roadmap and understand the projects you will be focused on.
- Set up the appropriate workspace in Team Foundation Server for managing features and user stories.
In the first 30 days you will:
- Have a minimum of two features ready for delivery following the defined development process and deploy the features to production.
- Contribute towards the planning, tasking, execution and delivery as defined by an agile development environment that includes reporting time against tasks, estimation of effort, and commitment to delivery.
In the first 90 days you will:
- Demonstrate productivity and quality on par with the other team members through the daily input of status information.
- Design and document rich user interfaces using standards compliant technologies.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Collaborate with team members, project managers, product managers and other senior executives on identifying and documenting the technical features and user stories.
By the end of the first year you will have:
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of the mobile product to the point of leading feature releases for that product.
- Planed and organized team initiatives.
- Provided technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship, maintain software quality within the team by establishing good practices.
- Assist in growing the team with recruiting, interviewing and onboarding teammates.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or equivalent;
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles;
- Expert in Android and iOS mobile development
- Experience with latest Mobile application development platforms like Xamarin Forms, Xamarin Native, or similar frameworks
- Expert understanding of mobile automation testing and CI/CD for mobile.
- Experience providing architectural leadership to a group of engineers
- Experience in modern mobile architecture as well as software design patterns to ensure the productivity, maintainability, security and scalability
- Experience in mobile native UI, networking, persistence, multithreading, performance, push notifications, concurrency, offline storage and security
- Experience driving best practices, code reviews and mentoring people in writing maintainable and scalable mobile code as well as documentation
- Knowledge of web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL, etc.)
- Demonstrated expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity;
- Demonstrated excellent business acumen, knows latest industry trends, routinely attends industry seminars and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape;
- Demonstrated superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity;
- A working understanding of Windows Server Operating Systems and IIS;
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HSA plans available)
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
Read Full Job Description