Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations. Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
In this mission-critical role, you will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software, and autonomous vehicle technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated ground robotics system. You will be working as part of a high-energy team dedicated to the development of engineering and product development approaches that result in a safe and reliable product offering. This position will require an interdisciplinary, engineering-based familiarity with vehicle engineering, robotics, computer science, and electrical hardware engineering. Exceptional problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
Duties and responsibilities
- Define and manage system and subsystem requirements that ensure product robustness and safety while accelerating autonomous vehicle development
- Execute and iterate on requirements at all phases of development to ensure that requirements are implemented and tested within a timeframe that aligns with company needs
- Work to define critical system parameters either through the development and execution of experiments or through collaboration
- Work closely with the product, hardware, and software teams to define, author, and implement engineering requirements
- Work with the product team to analyze product requirements
- Ensure forward and reverse traceability of both safety and product requirements
- Formulate and drive complex tradeoffs across system attributes, including performance, power, mass, cost, schedule, reliability, etc.
- Facilitate failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), fault tree analysis (FTA), or other analysis to elicit and discover missing requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field
- 5+ years relevant work experience in robotics, aerospace or automotive/trucking systems engineering
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Familiarity with system safety specifications such as ISO-26262, MIL-STD-882, and IEC 61508
- Ability to understand complex technical systems, even those outside your primary area of expertise
- A learning mindset able to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Master's degree in a relevant engineering field
- Background in cybersecurity
- Ability to take the initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact improvements
- Experience in working with model-based system engineering (MBSE) tools
- Familiarity with systems engineering supporting safety-critical hardware and software development
The annual base salary for this role will range from $80,000/year to $120,000/year , depending on background and skillset.