Systems Engineer II at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Responsible to monitor, manage, and optimize the Spectrum mobile network delivering mobile communications services. Collaborate with internal and external organizations including Wireless Ops, Field Ops, NOC, Net Ops, Engineering, Product management, and 3rd parties to generate the best mobile wireless experience for our customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that the Spectrum mobile network meets or exceeds Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for RAN, core, backhaul, and devices.
- Responsible for optimizing KQIs with the primary goals of maximizing performance, minimizing network transitions, and optimizing throughput and latency.
- Drive E2E service performance, triage issues, determine root cause, and resolve impairments in a timely manner.
- Analyze coverage, interference, handover, and overall performance quality. Utilize analytics tools to investigate KQI's/KPI's and drill into the network at the appropriate level (national, market, cluster, gNB, vendor type, equipment type, installation type).
- Proactively identify opportunities for implementation of automation to identify E2E service performance anomalies and trends.
- Responsible for auditing SAS grants, power levels, and channel assignments.
- Monitors and audits golden/modifiable configurations daily to ensure alignment to standards.
- Focuses on most impactful sites/clusters for optimization efforts, which can include:
- Configuration changes (mobility, power, etc.
- Antenna configuration changes on strand or RoE
- Contribute to daily, weekly, monthly cadence of service performance and network problem reports to develop insights into service performance.
- Create and implement service improvement plans, confirm successful implementation and operational readiness (knowledge DB, documentation etc.).
- Leverage individual or collective service improvement actions/MoPs including prioritization, dependencies, timelines, test plans etc. These plans could involve new releases, upgrades, configuration changes etc.
- Validate success of service implementation actions to verify issue resolution.
- Participate in and contribute to the cross-functional knowledge transfer across E2E Performance engineers between the HMNO Core, RAN and SAS domains/technologies to advance skills expertise and foster collaboration.
- Create detailed documentation and contribute to the development of processes and procedures that improve E2E service performance and team effectiveness.
- Create overall dashboard to convey network health. Utilize analytics reports to create service improvement plans, convey optimization recommendations, and implement approved enhancements.
- Performs service impact analyses and validates success of Configuration/Change Management activities.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years wireless network engineering experience
- Experience in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, basic network devices and basic network appliances.
- Demonstrated experience performing system and network performance monitoring, evaluation and tuning to optimize performance and critical KPI's.
- Understanding of 5G Core/RAN Elements and Call flow including SAS, as well as the device role in network selection & call flow and associated device operations & troubleshooting
- Understanding of AP/gNB Provisioning, and proficient with leveraging packet-analysis tools and network analytics platforms to troubleshoot or characterize network traffic.
- Must be able, write and speak the English language to communicate with internal teams, customers, and suppliers, in a clear and professional manner.
- Experience tuning RAN parameters and a good knowledge of 3GPP standards, LTE/5G RAN air interface and LTE/5G RAN functionality.
- Tier2/Tier3 operations troubleshooting experience supporting a wireless service.
- Knowledge in CBRS spectrum frequency and FCC requirements (3.5GHz)
- Understanding of Security architecture end to end and network ingress/egress poi
- Advanced knowledge of IP routing, and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS and OSPF as well as enabling protocols and platforms such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, PMIP, D
- Experience with large distributed networks and MSO / Wireless Operator topologies.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end system/call flows for WiFi, 4G LTE/IMS, 5G, EPC Core functions SMF/UPF/AMF/AUSF/NRF/PCF/UDM/UDR.
- Experience analyzing device UE logs and developing recommendations.
- Competent knowledge of related industry specifications and standards DOCSIS, IEEE, ANSI, Fiber, Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocol
- Compute layer administration in physical, virtual and containerized environments. Hands-on experience with mobile edge compute, network function virtualization
- Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Networking)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Networking Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS
- VMWare Certifications: VMWare ESX and NSX
- Experience with Programming / Scripting languages. (Linux, C, C++, bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with Netscout nG1, nBA, nSA, TrueCall and other Service Assurance monitoring tools.
- Office environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $73,100.00 to $116,700.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.