Systems Administrator at Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our team. The Systems Administrator must have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks. S/He will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting our company’s Information Technology systems.
The Systems Administrator will design and oversee local area networks, wide area networks, and network segments. Daily tasks may include installing, upgrading and monitoring software and hardware along with providing direct end user support. The System Administrator will maintain the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, email, laptop, and desktop PCs.
Within Boom’s IT environment, the Systems Administrator will be an individual contributor responsible for:
● Taking a leadership role in the planning, configuration, support, maintenance, enhancements, and administration of Boom’s information technology systems. This includes providing direct end user support, network server operating systems, hypervisors, server hardware and software, networking equipment, server-side applications, on-premise technology infrastructure, and cloud-delivered systems
● Working with the Director of IT to optimize system performance and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related technologies adhere to industry best practices and organizational policies. This role will also monitor and respond to help desk tickets, system performance issues or outages to minimize downtime and user impactEssential Functions
● Design, deploy, and maintain technology solutions to meet Boom’s strategic and tactical needs
● Perform routine IT tasks such as direct end user support, hardware or software deployments and upgrades, system backups, and preventive patching and maintenance
● Evaluate, recommend, and implement technology, tool, or infrastructure changes to meet organizational goals
● Monitor, measure, and optimize operations and performance of system hardware, storage, software, and data communications to maximum available reliability and performance
● Work collaboratively with Application Development, Business Intelligence, and non-IT teams to ensure system availability and reliability
● Provide support as Boom’s System/Desktop Administrator and Help Desk technician including direct end-user support for all technical incidents and requests
● Coordinate with vendors and service providers for products and services as necessary
● Comply with and improve upon established department service level objectives
● Perform cross-training and knowledge transfers among team members by preparing and maintaining documentation for networks, systems, processes, procedures, written instructions, and solutions to problems
● Management of Microsoft server security configuration and patching
● Maintenance and administration of DHCP, DNS, IIS, FTP and other network services
● Administration of server hardware and software inventories and documentation
● Manage, monitor, and support backup systems and policies
● Respond to server resource monitoring alerts
● Maximize the configuration of existing technology systems along with selecting and implementing new technology systems to increase operational efficiency and organizational goals
● Proactively maintain technical expertise, share knowledge with colleagues, and recommend improvements where appropriate
● Increasing organizational efficiency of new and existing technology systems
● Analyzes the needs of the target audience and develops, maintains, standardizes, or revises technical documents, user guides, release notes, help systems, document libraries, and documentation portals
● Required to participate in maintenance (patching) activities on some weekends as scheduled with occasional after hours work (as needed) to support deployments or incident response.
● Perform other duties as directed by the Director of ITSkills and Abilities
● Energy, passion, and imagination. You will be challenged, and also have an opportunity to make a difference for the future of flight and air travel.
● Experience architecting and designing complex infrastructures.
● Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Linux, Windows Server 2008R2 through 2019, Powershell programming, Hyper-V, Active Directory, load balancing, HA/DR and DNS.
● Ability to provide appropriate, relevant written guidance to stakeholder groups ranging from developers to executives
● Working knowledge of and experience with ITIL
● Must have the ability to multitask in a very dynamic environment with changing priorities.
● Confidence to drive accountability for deadlines across departments and organization structures
● Ability to commit time and energy required to meet project schedules and objectives
● An attention to detail, and ability to clearly articulate the status of multiple efforts at any time
● Ability to problem solve and adjust as challenges arise or risks are uncovered
● Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate 24/7 Office Operations, may be required to work weekends, overnight, the occasional holiday or be on call.Requirements
● 5 years’ experience in a system administrator and desktop support type position.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or a related field a plus.
● Strong customer service and technical troubleshooting skills a must.
● Effective communication skills with ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
● Demonstrated project management and organization skills.
● Proactive and self-motivated mindset; trustworthy with strong personal integrity and work ethic.
● A “can-do” attitude with ability to thrive in a dynamic, exciting, fast-paced environment. Collaborate team player.Compensation:
The Base Salary Range for this position is $110,000-$120,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.