Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
- Work hand-in-hand with the Chief Engineer, Engineering Team and Program Leadership to architect and design the Overture aircraft.
- Lead the trade studies of aircraft structural layout to find the right solution for Overture.
- Design (CATIA) high level (low fidelity) and major components (fuselage, wing, inlets etc.) layouts to support the trade studies.
- Support manufacturability studies of the structural components.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related experience required.
- 15+ years experience, including at least one aircraft program from initial concept through flight and certification.
- Prior structural design roles, both as an individual contributor and lead, with composite and metallics.
- Fundamental understanding of every key technical discipline (metallic & composite materials, material & processes, load path, stress, finite element modeling).
- Part 23 or 25 composite certification experience (Part 25 preferred).
- Familiarity with: Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems per ARP 4754 and Aircraft Safety Assessment Process per ARP 4761.
- 5+ Years experience with Product Life Cycle software system management (Enovia, TeamCenter, Jama, 3DS, etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving leadership skills; can lead a team through solving hard, complex, ambiguous technical problems.
- Excellent leadership skills—able to keep teams moving and motivated.
- Persuasive—must be able to win support of internal and external parties alike.
- Team building communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally.
- High bar; builds and retains world-class teams.
- Master's Degree in Engineering.
- CATIA v5 or higher experience.
- Active FAA DER / ODA EAR ticket.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $160,000-$220,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.