Ibotta is seeking a Staff Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps/SRE) to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our app that is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling infrastructure leveraging technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and AWS. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Cloud Infrastructure team to drive engineering productivity and empowerment in a large cloud infrastructure using AWS and Kubernetes.
- Develop and improve tooling to enable product developer self-service access, at velocity, for infrastructure creation and management.
- Work with stakeholders throughout engineering to evangelize and implement processes and solutions developed by the Cloud Infrastructure team.
- Build automation tools for testing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Research and implement technology solutions for a reliable, high performance, high transaction system
- Ensure that security is a first-class object across the infrastructure.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or infrastructure-related development
- A track record of shepherding infrastructure projects from inception to planning and completion.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with shell scripting, such as bash/zsh/etc.
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS.
- Experience with AWS/GCloud/Azure
- Experience managing and deploying highly available systems
- Experience automating tasks for internal or external applications
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting a production platform with hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration/Delivery for applications and infrastructure
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- TDD and unit test experience using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Scrum/Agile development experience
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity
- Base compensation range: $140,000 - $160,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels