Staff Developer Advocate at Nylas (Greater Denver Area, CO)
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:36 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 100,000+ developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features - all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
2021 Best Company Culture (Comparably)
2021 Best CEO (Comparably)
2021 Best Company for Diversity (Comparably)
Developer Advocates are developers who love teaching, mentoring, and generally being helpful to other developers. As part of the Developer Relations team, Developer Advocates are highly technical people who grow, engage, and enable our developer community.
You are willing to go where our developer community is. You know that we can scale by having a strong online presence on our own community surfaces, as well as in external developer communities. When it is safe to do so, you’ll be willing to travel as needed to represent Nylas and directly enable developers building on our APIs.
You know how to reach out and get developers excited about trying technologies that you believe in. You are creative in communicating technical information, in terms of the message, the code, and even the medium.
You are willing to grow outside of your current technical comfort zone and learn new technologies/stacks/frameworks in order to better enable our developer community.
Importantly, you know that measurement and analysis of your tactics is important for assessing impact. You are able to hold yourself accountable to key metrics and try new tactics when current tactics are not achieving the desired results.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Developer Advocate to join a newly forming Developer Relations team and have a massive impact on the trajectory of our developer audience and community.
What You'll Do
- We’re looking for a lead Developer Advocate to champion developer marketing for Nylas’ high-growth business productivity APIs. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating digital content, demos, code samples, and other technical assets to drive strategic developer marketing initiatives.
- You will become an equal expert in all Nylas products and key marketing channels like SEO, events, and developer-centric social media.
- Help developers learn about Nylas and dive deep by creating intuitive and empathic content blog posts, videos, live streams, guides, tutorials, etc.
- Drive technical enablement through OSS sample code creation and maintenance, answering forums questions, writing how-tos about common use cases, and more.
- Create feedback loops between Nylas teams and developers by establishing systematic interaction with Product, Engineering, Support, Sales
- Drive awareness for Nylas through conferences and events content (online and IRL), with talks, CFPs, hackathon support, booth engagement, etc.
- Contribute to improvements in first-time developer experience through time-to-hello-world/time-to-proof-of-concept improvements, first-party DevTools improvements and expansion, third-party DevTools integrations and maintenance, user testing, and more
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years of combined experience with software development and producing technical content to grow and engage developer audiences. You’ve got strong verbal and written communication skills, are comfortable with public speaking, and can point us to a public track record of execution in these areas.
- Community leadership experience. E.g., meetup organizing, forum moderation, OSS maintenance, etc. + knowledge of associated metrics
- Technical writing/content creation: E.g., blog, newsletter, video, streaming, etc. + knowledge of associated metrics
- Approach to work: Prioritize ownership and execution, Embody developer empathy, Favor tactics that scale, Know and own your metrics, Strive for business impact
- Cross-functional collaboration experience: E.g., working with PMs, PMMs, Eng, sales, etc.
- Customer collaboration experience: E.g., content co-authoring, case studies, troubleshooting
120,000- 200,000 + equity
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description